Thursday, August 13, 2009

Enagic - Kangen Water: An Objective Analysis of Water Ionizers

I have heard from many people about the statements made to them by Enagic reps. The Enagic company forbids many of these very same kinds of comments, however, because these are often just ordinary people they don't understand the repercussions of making wild health claims and also rash and unfounded comparisons about how their product is mysteriously better. Many people state actual lies [like their product is the only one approved for use as a medical devise...which is not the case, any ionizer that can get a negative ORP greater than -300 can qualify for this in many countries].

In the US, the only ionizer actually approved in the PDR as a medical devise [so far..they all will probably eventually be in there] is the Life water ionizer.

Another lie is that Enagic is the only ionizer that can get the extremes of pH [highest alkaline and lowest acid].

I've tested the Enagic and was hoping that it really was better than all the rest at the time. But, after testing it, drinking the water for many days, and comparing all the features, I found it was ordinary [in the ionizer world]. I wanted it to be better, so I could state that on my site and sell more of them. However, it wasn't ...and so that's that.

But an ordinary water ionizer WILL DO WONDERS FOR PEOPLE'S HEALTH. That's the bottom line. It doesn't actually take a miracle machine. A water ionizer that ionizes water well can do it. Not everyone will get the big cure-all effect of everyone else. You can't claim that ever. There are many reasons behind an illness. Maybe the person eats too much of the wrong foods and not enough of the right. Or maybe the illness has taken over past the point of no return. Or maybe the person has psychological reasons behind some illness. Then there's also a placebo effect that can be as real as anything else. When someone pays so much more for one health product, the perception is that that product is that much better than all the others. The placebo effect can be significant with many people. They can actually experience a greater health benefit because of this. Some people are more susceptible to this kind of thing than others.

I intentionally keep myself non-biased by selling all of the water ionizers. I also test everything, and don't just believe what I'm told [no matter who told it to me]. All of the water ionizers that I sell look good to me [including the Enagic]...so that's why I sell them.

They all pretty much perform close to each other. Some are a little better at the extremes of pH [high/low]...but all ionize at the drinking level very well. I've done my own tests and also seen many tests of others, and I've seen an ionizer be a winner in one test and not in another. Why is this...I'm not sure, but I, myself have trouble with my pH/ORP tester from time to time. It's very sensitive to slight variations, and I can get a difference just based on which ionizer I test first, second, etc. So, lately I've been flipping my meter back and forth many times to make sure I've got a real & valid comparison.

I said, before, though that they are all performing at about the quality [or close] in ability to ionize. However for the extremes, the mesh models and 7-plate models do better [Life, Tyent, KYK, Athena...with the Enagic not quite as good even with the saline port and strong settings!]. For drinking quality of water...the Enagic, Athena, Life, Tyent [so far] are all about the same [so close it's like splitting hairs] and the Melody is right up there ...very close [sometimes too close to call & sometimes a little bit under]. I will be testing the KYK in a few days [I'm waiting for a part]...so I'll know more about that then.

Other things to consider:

Variable Amperage: Some areas require a variable amperage to ionize well [such as well water, very hard water, and very soft water areas] The ionizers with capability to vary the amperage are: Enagic, Tyent, Life and KYK.

Warranty: Life and Tyent have options for 10-year warrantees. Athena, Enagic and KYK have 5 year. Melody has Lifetime warranty now.

Cleaning cycles: Life, Enagic and Tyent have acid wash cycles every 15 gallons [about] where you wait 30-40 seconds for this cycle to complete. Athena, KYK and Melody clean 3 ways and it's a continuous process [so your plates stay in tip-top condition] and you never get inconvenienced.

Price: Life, Tyent, Athena are all around 2,000. Enagic is around 4,000. and Melody and KYK are less.

Installation: Tyent & KYK are countertop only. Enagic, has a model for 1,000 extra to go under sink. Life, Athena and Melody can be installed undersink with a kit/faucet for [200. extra for Athena/Melody] [600. extra for Life]...which you could buy later if desired.

Customer Satisfaction: Tyent, KYK, Life and Melody have 60 day satisfaction periods. Athena has 14-day and a restocking fee. Enagic has none and a restocking fee. On this point I should say all of my customers for any company's ionizer have been satisfied and happy with their choice. They all ionize well, so this is not surprising.

Other Features: The Life has a UV light, which kills bacteria...for anyone with this kind of concern. The KYK's filter media contains special fibers which will filter out fluoride [not all, but much - note: a fluoride prefilter can be placed in line with any water ionizer].

Many Enagic people have lost their objectivity, and I don't know how to explain it [other than maybe mesmerism, greed, or something like that]. I have a friend who won't even let me test her Enagic ionizer any more [it's not greed, but probably because of a fear that it won't do well in the tests].

Written by...
Cathleen LoGrasso
Store: Alkaline Water Plus: The Alkaline Water Ionizer Store
Blog: Alkaline Water News: Water Wellness
888-692-5525
314-452-9560

1 comment:

karen smith said...

I've tried the Tyent USA water ionizers. These water ionizers ionizes water into acidic and alkaline fragments. The ionized Alkaline Water/kangen water produced by the water ionizer machine, neutralizes the toxins in our body and prevents diseases. It also hydrates your skin to prevent premature aging.