Friday, August 22, 2014

Does Baking Soda Mixed in Water Really Have the Same Effect as Alkaline Ionized Water?

A lot of you have probably heard of baking soda as an easy and cheap alternative to alkaline ionized water.  I have actually done some testing of this to see if it is really true.  

If baking soda turns water alkaline why would anyone buy a water ionizer if this mixture is just as good?!

I had to find out for myself so I went ahead and tried it out! First of all, it tastes horrible.  Secondly, I found that when I started drinking the mixture, I started getting spider veins on my legs and my pulse became irregular.  I knew then and there that this is NOT a substitute for alkaline ionized water.  But, I like to give hard evidence for these things so I went ahead and did some testing to compare the two.  Take a look at the video below.


So, the baking soda mixture does make the water alkaline, but a water ionizer will do a much better job.  And at the same time the water ionizer adds in plenty of antioxidants as well.  It looks like the baking soda mixture actually oxidizes.

There is also another factor in that the baking soda adds salt to your diet which is never healthy to take in large quantities.  

It seems that the claims that baking soda mixed in water do not hold true in the main.  It does alkalize the water, but it is NOT equal to any water produced by a water ionizer.

No comments: