Monday, January 26, 2015

Alkaline Ionized Water and Children

Alkaline Ionized Water and Children


ionized water, children, alkaline water, kids,
As an adult it's easy to see where I went wrong as a teenager and young adult. If only I could go back and re-live my teens and 20's! The one thing I would want to change the most is eating healthier and thinking more about my future health and well-being. Maybe if I had I wouldn't have had to struggle so much when I was in my 40's to regain my health, be slimmer, lower my blood pressure, etc.

So this leads me to the thought “Hey, I have a chance now to pass on all I know to my kids and grand-kids!” Back in our day, parents didn't have the gold mine of information that is the internet. Mom couldn't just Google whatever it is she needed to know, from alternative cold remedies, to vaccines, to what exactly is in these chicken nuggets.

I have learned so much over the years about healthy eating, the pH of our bodies, how disease cannot sustain itself in an alkaline body, the ill effects of soda and sports drinks, how sugar affects little ones and so on. Therefore, I am passing this on to my children. And one of the first steps is providing alkaline ionized water for them. Plenty of it. I urge every one of you to get rid of the soda, Gatorade, sweet tea, juices (all of which RAISE the acidity that gets trapped in bodies) and make sure you have pure alkaline ionized water for your children to drink.

How alkaline should alkaline ionized water be for children?


I suggest that you don't make the alkaline water too strong for children. It is a good rule of thumb to give infants and toddlers purified [filtered] water. On every water ionizer there is a setting for this. Then 2 to 4 year-olds should drink about 8 pH level [which is equivalent to the lowest alkaline setting on your water ionizer]. Four to seven-year-olds should drink at about level 2, or 8.5 pH. After age seven a child should drink at the same alkaline water pH-level as an adult.

You may be thinking to yourself, “Why not just drink tap water or bottled water?” Well, I'll tell you. First of all there is a list of about 100 contaminants that must be removed from tap water, as mandated by the Safe Water Drinking Act. But over 60,000 chemicals are used in the US daily that get into our water supply that have not been tested for toxic effects on our environment or bodies. And what's even more horrifying, pharmaceuticals, including antibiotics, anti-psychotics, sex hormones, mood stabilizers, etc, have been found in the drinking water of over 41,000,000 Americans. In large metropolitan areas from California to New Jersey these drugs have been found in the tap water. Most treatments in the water plants do not eliminate all drug residues from the drinking water. There hasn't been enough time to see exactly what long-term effects this will have, but I can tell you that I am not going to wait around and see.

The standard drinking water is also not the best to provide sufficient hydration due to the chemical compounds found in it that actually works against hydrating the body.

So, how does alkaline ionized water fit in to the picture? First, a water ionizer filters out up to 99.99% of all contaminants from the tap water [depending on the water ionizer and filter combination]. The chemicals, the drug residues, heavy metals. Second, ionized water is “microclustered”, meaning the water molecules are smaller and far easier for the cells of the body to absorb, leading to enhanced hydration. And third, the water has an antioxidant property. Having an excess of electrons, it seeks out and eliminates free radicals in the body. These free radicals are what can cause disease, usually later on in life.

Therefore I have been increasing my childrens' and grand-children's consumption of alkaline water and I encourage you to do the same.  If you are skeptical or curious, do your research. Ask questions. Email me. It really is interesting what you'll find. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. alkaline water ionizer