Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Jessica's Journey to Further Weight Loss with Alkaline Ionized Water

Jessica's Journey to Further Weight Loss with Alkaline Ionized Water

Jessica has already lost 40 pounds on her own in the last 6 months. But now that the holidays are over she wants to kick her healthy eating habits into high gear and drop another 60 pounds. And this time she's going to be blogging her successes. The main difference in her routine is going to be adding 3-4 quarts of alkaline ionized water to her regimen each day. She is going to track the differences between eating healthy without alkaline ionized water and how adding it to her lifestyle changes is affecting her weight loss and overall health.

Jessica's diet

Prior to changing my eating habits I would eat what I wanted, when I wanted. Fast food, lots of sweets, more soda than I care to admit, very little water each day, chips and dip, fried foods, you name it.

About 1 ½ years ago my mom gave me a book called The No-Grain Diet by Dr. Mercola and it really made sense. This blog isn't here to get into why I chose that diet, but it really hit home on why I was so overweight and why other diets weren't working very well.

I started eating a diet of meat, vegetables, limited fruit, some dairy, nuts, seeds and LOTS of water. The weight just started melting off and I was ecstatic. I have been overweight since about the age of 8 and it has only gotten worse as an adult and especially after having 3 kids. Trust me, it was really hard at the beginning. I was so used to consuming massive amounts of carbs and it took me about a month to be able to feel full without all the breads, biscuits, potatoes, etc.

Before and After the First 40 Pounds

Here is a picture of me before and after my first 40 pounds:
weight loss alkaline ionized water ionizer pitcher diet























Adding Alkaline Ionized Water to My Diet

I'm really super excited about adding 3-4 quarts of alkaline ionized water daily. I have been doing a lot of research on the benefits of alkaline ionized water and it really is an important factor in maintaining overall health.

I will be using the WellBlue Alkaline+ PH Ionizer Pitcher. It holds 3.5 quarts and I will be drinking a pitcher every day.

Eventually I would like to upgrade to a water ionizer machine that I hook up to my faucet, but while I save up the money for that investment I will be using the pitcher as a portable water ionizer that I can bring to work with me.

Tracking my Successes and Noticeable Differences

Stay tuned and check in each month as I will be writing on my weight loss and all the differences I have noticed since incorporating the alkaline water. I can't wait to see what's in store for me.

I have another 60 pounds to lose and I'm hoping to get it done in about 6-8 months! :)

And if there is anyone out there who would like to start this exciting journey with me, you can reach me at jessica.reel@me.com. I would love to have others follow along with me and encourage each other during this exciting and rewarding time.

I look forward to talking to you all next month!


 Jessica

No comments: